Saturday, December 4, 2010

What the....

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I have been soooooo hungry all day! I don't know what is going on! Is it tom? No there is like over a week before thats due. I don't know whats going on. It hasn't just been that I'm bored or just want to eat. I have really been hungry! My tummy was grumbly and it was just a gnawing hunger so I ate. A lot. Ok well not some great extraordinary amount but more than normal. So I figured maybe my body just needed extra food today and I ate. Ugh who knows why but I feel I did the right thing. I listened to my body and gave it what it was telling me it needed. I could have eaten better foods but I ate what I had available. On top of that I haven't felt well today. Around noon I started feeling sick and achy. I'm pretty sure its just allergies. I get them really bad and it feels like the freaking flu or something. So that started around noon and when I got home from work I wasn't sure I would be able to exercise today (its the last day of week 1 for the c25k program). I really felt like I couldn't walk, let alone run, that long!

I took some allergy medicine and watched a movie with the boys and hubby. After that I felt a little better so I decided I was just going to get on the treadmill and go for it either I would be able to do it or I would keel over and fall off! But I did it without dying!! I got W1D1 finished and did the extra 30 minutes for a total of 2.9 miles. Yes I am still slower than Christmas but I've gotten a little faster so any progress is good progress!
I'm glad I got the exercise done but even with those extra calories I'm still over my limit for the day and I'm ok with it. I thought I would be upset but I really feel that I needed it. I didn't eat for any emotional reason or because of stress or boredom. I ate because I needed it. Maybe I needed the extra fuel to help my immune system deal with whatever it was dealing with today.

I made it though the program today but the running time goes up next week-well, the amount of running doesn't go up but the interval times changes. Instead of running for 60 seconds it goes up to 90 seconds. Might not sound like a lot to someone else but it does to me! But I'm not going to sell myself out. I'm going to try it and see if I can make it through and deal with it as it comes. I have the next two days off from running but I'll still do my walking tomorrow. Then Monday we move onto week 2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment