Saturday, December 4, 2010

From a few days ago....

November 30, 2010
I started a walking program the end of October. Not really much of a program-just walking for at least 30 minutes, most days on the treadmill and some days me and the boys walked around the neighborhood. One day hubby and I took our dog for a walk for about an hour. And one day we spent about 3 hours on a hiking trail. After about a week or so I moved it up to walking an hour 5 days a week, 1.5 hours the 6th day and rest the 7th day. Also trying to get 8 glasses of water everyday and logging calories @myfitness.com. I've lost 10 pounds so far!!! Yaayyy me!

Monday the 29th I started the c25k running program. I made it through all the intervals of the day one. I'm slower than molasses in January but I'm doing it. My new running shoes (Brooks) seem really nice so far but at some point I'l like to try the Vibramms 5 Fingers or something similar. The daily run/walk for c25k lasts about 30 minutes so after that time is up I just keep walking to finish out an hour. My oldest son was nice enough to let me download an app on his iTouch that lets me pick the music to listen to and it just gives verbal cues over the music. Thats very nice cause my taste in music is....eclectic.

I'm really happy I went ahead and started this program. I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. My next run day is Tuesday and I'm excited. I've been reading and watching some videos on posture and forefoot striking so I'm trying to remain conscience of those things while running-ha! Me! Running!?!!

I can't believe I waited so long to do this. I first saw the program a couple of years ago and kept saying "when I get below 200 I'll try it." What a moron. I even found the thread on Active.com for the 200+ pound people that were doing it but that still didn't get me going. Oh well, I've heard the saying "there will be no wine before its time" and I guess it just wasn't my time. But it is now! And I'm taking by the horns...nope-screw that horn crap. I AM THE BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment