Saturday, January 22, 2011

And she throws the change up!!

Yep decided to change a few things on my workout goals. This is me I tend to change things in the middle cause I get bored. So I decided to start a 30 day challenge on exercisetv.com. I figure this is a good thing for me because everyday is something different. I'm also still walking on the treadmill everyday but I'm only going to up the time on the days I'm I have a day off from the 30 day challenge which is about 1 day a week. On those days I will up the treadmill time to 45 minutes. Every other day I will stick with 30 minutes. After about 30 minutes I get bored! I can do 45 on the off days just to make sure I burn a decent amount of calories. So those are my changes.

I started the 30 day challenge about a week ago. I decided I needed something other than just walking. I started a short kettlebell routine a couple of weeks ago and I'm still doing that 3 days a week. I was nervous about starting the challenge because I knew that some of the moves would be difficult or impossible for me to do at my current weight and I was right. But I've been doing a modified version of moves I simply can not do and doing as many as possible of the ones I'm able to do but not for as many reps as called for. I actually have been thinking about doing one of these challenges for a while but I kept putting it off because I didn't think I would be able to do it. But I decided to just go for it and I'm glad I did. I have been so sore!! I know it sounds crazy but I'm happy to feel that soreness! It means my muscles are getting worked and are repairing and burning calories. One of the days of the challenge was some intense ab work and the next morning when I tried to get out of bed I didn't know what was wrong with me! It took me a second to realize the soreness was from working out! I will probably do another challenge after this one is over. I don't know yet if I will do this same one again or choose a different one. I may do the same one just to see if my performance improves but that's a decision I have a few weeks to make!

I didn't lose any weight this past week but I am going to just keep on with my exercise and staying in my calorie target and see if my body adjusts and starts letting go of weight. If at the end of my challenge I'm not seeing weight loss I will change up some things then but for now my attitude is to just keep at it.

Alrighty, that's all for now. Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment