Sunday, January 9, 2011

I missed you!!

Geez it's been awhile since I was here and I have a lot to say! Don't know if I'll try to get it all in one post or if I'll split it up some. That takes too much planning so I guess we'll just see how it goes. So lets see what's been happening.

I was losing weight and was exercising daily. I may have already posted about some of this stuff but please just try to stick with me. I started with 30 minutes a day but within like a week moved it up to ah hour a day walking on the treadmill. Then I started doing the C25K running program. And I hurt myself. I developed plantar fasciitis from doing too much too quickly. That totally screwed everything up! I went to the doctor and they gave me a round of anti-inflammatories and we started from there. I have at this point finished the medicine and also started doing some stretches for my foot and calf. It seems to have helped mostly. I still get some twinges and I still have some times when I first stand up where it hurts like hell and I end up walking like a zombie for a minute. I'm trying to decide if its enough to make me go back to the doctor or if I need to do the stretches more for a while first.

Because of the injury I was unable to do as much walking as before and ended up not being able to exercise at all for about 2 weeks. It was just much to painful. That was a big blow to me. I was getting to the point where I was enjoying the exercise. I was looking forward to it most days. I would even feel "wrong" on rest days. I just wanted to be doing something. And to have to go from that to doing nothing was terrible. It didn't take long to revert to my old ways of sitting around and not doing anything. And that of course took its toll.

Then we had Christmas. I work for the school system so I don't work when the kids are out of school. And that was nice!!! To not get up at 5:30 am was wonderful!! But it also meant I was sleeping late, staying up late, not getting out of the house every day, and had plenty of time for shopping and meeting friends and family for lunch. And I took advantage of all of it! We have our family Christmas party on Christmas Eve and this year it was at my house. It was good in that I didn't have to worry about driving anywhere but I had a lot of cleaning to do before and after the party. But it was fun and some family members that I haven't seen in many years came and it was great to see them!

Then the New Year was upon us. We stayed home with the kids and watched the ball drop on t.v. That was good fun and you just gotta love Dick Clark. Hubby missed it cause he was in the shower! But me and the boys watched together and made fun of daddy for missing it. And that was about it. We talked about resolutions and why people make them. My youngest totally didn't understand why people would wait until a new year to start doing something instead of just doing it. I told him it is a silly thing to do and I hope that he will carry that attitude throughout his life. There really is no point in waiting for something else to happen so that you can start or stop doing something! Children can see things so much more clearly than adults sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment