Friday, January 14, 2011

Well, here I am sitting at home again! I live in the south and we had some nasty weather roll in last Sunday (today is Friday) that pretty much shut the state down. There was some snow and lots of ice. Then the temperatures didn't get high enough to melt the ice and any ice that did melt would refreeze because of the night time temps. This means the roads are just terrible and the state department of transportation told everyone to stay home the first couple of days. Well, after that the roads didn't get much better and there have been roads and interstates that were shut down. People were stranded in cars because they just couldn't move and the traffic was backed up for miles and miles. After awhile people just started leaving their cars in the road and walking.....well I don't know where they were walking to. Home maybe or Waffle House or who knows but the abandoned cars in the roads made for even more problems because then the salt trucks couldn't get through to try to get the roads open!!

Luckily I haven't had to deal with any of that. I live pretty close to work so theres no interstate travel for me and I work for the school system and schools have been closed all week. So me and my boys have just been staying home, playing video and board and card games, playing in the snow and I taught my youngest how to snowboard in the back yard! We've stayed up late and slept in everyday. It's been a lot of fun. The only problem is that our driveway is up hill and is shaded by trees so its still covered in ice and the road out of our subdivision is uphill and that is also still covered in ice so we have not been able to safely get out and do anything. Even as simple as going to the grocery store. So that's been frustrating but we're dealing.

In other news: today is weigh in day and I lost 3.5 pounds since last week!!! Yaaayyyyyy!! I did change my weight loss per week goals on myfitnesspal.com to lose 2 pounds per week and that cut my calories by a lot! But I can't complain (too much) because I'm seeing results and I'm very happy about that. I've also worked out everyday which is good cause I can usually talk myself into taking a couple of days off.

So these are my goals for the upcoming week
  • increase cardio time to 36 minutes per day (10% increase)
  • I'm currently doing 6 kettlebell exercises. I do each one 10 times and do 1 set. This week I will increase one of the exercises to doing 2 reps of it while keeping the rest of them at 1 rep.
  • 1 day this week I will do something "new" (in addition to normal cardio) i.e. video game workout or workout video.
  • continue trying to get 8 glasses of water per day (did pretty well last week with only like 1 day where I didn't get it all in)
  • cut down on my hot (sweet) tea consumption. I usually drink 3 cups a day and that really adds up with the sugar. Tea is good for me so I want to cut it down to 1 or 2 cups a day.
  • start decreasing the amount of sugar I put in each cup of hot tea.

Well, I think that's good for now and its time for me to find something to eat so hope everyone is doing great and that's all for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment