Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ramble

I tend to lose motivation quickly. I'll be going strong for a week or so but then the scale numbers don't go down or go up or whatever and it makes me wonder why am I busting my butt if I'm not going to see any good results. This site and this group is a great help for that! It reminds me that even when the scale is mean to me I at least know that I'm improving my health and in the long run the weight will come off. I've fallen off the wagon so many times its not even funny. Sometimes its just for a day sometimes a month (or so) but I always come back because I know I have to do it. A couple of things that help me when I feel myself starting to slip is to watch shows like Biggest Loser or that new show called Heavy and Ruby. There are others but I can't think of them right now. I watch them and think ok well I don't want to get to that point!! It really hurts when I see people on the Biggest Loser that are my same weight or a little under and I just groan. But mostly they show me that if those people can do it then I can too and that I have to do it now because from here things really get bad. I've been lucky and have not developed any of the diseases that go with being overweight. I don't have diabetes or high blood pressure or anything like that but I know if I keep getting bigger or if I don't lose some weight I'm going to develop those things. There is no question about it and I certainly don't want to give myself shots everyday and I don't want to die young! So these shows sometimes give me ideas but mostly just show me that I can do it! I also love magazines and one I have a subscription to is Fitness. I love getting a new one in the mail because there are always good tips, exercises and recipes. I know some people hate magazines like this cause they always have such skinny, fit, pretty people but I use this for motivation also because while I may never actually look like those models I really want to! Sorry this turned into much more of a ramble than I anticipated but I wanted to give a few of the things that I use to keep going or to start again. Good luck everyone and just remember to keep on keeping on!

No comments:

Post a Comment